Photo Credit: CBS Express
Hi everyone! Well, preparations are in full force here this week. My daughter and future son-in-law arrive in 6 days and we’re in full “getting ready” mode for their arrival, a family get-together the next day, a week of wedding prep (since they couldn’t do anything from Australia) and the wedding weekend itself. This is the last episode I’ll be able to watch live until November 1st. So much for my streak. These will be the first live episodes I’ve ever missed, from the Pilot on. Oh well… at least I have a very valid excuse! 😃
So this will be the last review for a little while and it won’t be a full review. Just a quick synopsis. I hope you don’t mind.
– There it is again! Producer: Alex O’Loughlin! I guess we can stop wondering for good now. Alex is a producer… period! I remember way back before the Pilot when interviewers would ask Alex and Scott if they thought the show could last as long as the original and they said something like “maybe we’ll be producers by then”. Nice to see it came true for Alex, at least. I couldn’t be happier for him.
– I got a real kick out of “1983” air travel. Damn, but I’m jealous of those who were able to fly back in those days. Just check out all that leg room. And I had to chuckle when that guy took out a cigarette. I was sure the flight attendant was going to make sure he put that thing away, not offer him a light. I can long for that leg room but I’m sure glad they did away with the smoking.
– AND….. we’re back to a two story episode where there is no correlation between the two stories. I really don’t like these types of episodes, as you know, but I’ll take comfort in the fact that, at least, Steve checked in on the other case and it wasn’t a three story episode.
– The COTW was a typical convoluted story of murder, theft, betrayal and red herrings. There was a lot of magic table exposition in this one with Adam taking the Jerry role this week. Considering this story was heavily conspiracy laden, it makes me wonder if the idea for the story was hatched before the writers knew Jorge was preparing to leave the show. I mean, stories for the beginning of a new season are hashed out toward the end of a previous season and it seems odd to me that a story that seems so suited to Jerry would come along so soon after he’s gone.
– I loved that underwater fight Tani was involved in. It’s great to see two women having it out and Tani was totally bad ass. It was great that Junior leaped in to try to help her but I’m glad that Tani had it totally under control by the time Junior joined her in the water.
Junior: “I didn’t know they taught underwater fighting in mermaid school.”
Tani: “You should see what I can do when I have my tail.”
Damn, but I love these two so much!
Photo Credits: CBS Express
– Although I don’t like the two separate story framework, I did like the team up of Steve and Quinn. There is a very easy rapport between them but then again, Steve pretty much has a great rapport with everyone he considers worthy to be a teammate.
Photo Credit: @alohaspaceman on Twitter
– I wasn’t surprised Steve asked her to join Five-0, obviously, since we were already told it was going to happen, but I was surprised it happened so soon. Not that I object. Quinn is a good fit for the team and is already well liked by them all.
Photo Credits: CBS Express
Photo Credit: @HawaiiFive0CBS on Instagram
Welcome to the Ohana Quinn!
– And, of course, it didn’t take Steve more than half a second to call the Governor after Quinn is obviously set up with all that cash at her place. Steve wasted no time in protecting her like he would anyone else on the team. She is already Ohana. I saw a number of people on Twitter on Friday night bring up how it seems to be a prerequisite that in order to join Five-0 you need to have been arrested at least once! 🤣 Well, that’s not 100% true but pretty damn close! 🤣
Photo Credits: @alohaspaceman on Twitter
– Last week the whole team was sure that it was Cullen who put the bomb in the Champ Box. I was skeptical. I said at the time that I was “curious to see if it really was Cullen or the mysterious bad guy we’ve been told is eventually coming. We were told this new bad guy as some connection to past events. Unless there are things about Cullen we don’t know yet, which is entirely possible, I don’t think he’s the new bad guy.” Well, considering the way this episode ended, I guess I was kind of right. 😉🤣 Cullen is not the new big bad but that doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t involved in planting that bomb.
Photo Credit: CBS Express
– This episode was a bit more laid back then the previous two with a lot of leg work within the episode, time spent around the magic table doing exposition and with Steve and Quinn driving around and surveilling Cullen’s activities. But when there was action it was really great action. There was that underwater fight bad ass Tani had and then there was the extremely jarring explosion at the end. There was no way I was expecting that. I’m not really surprised they killed off Cullen since I never felt he was going to be our new big bad. It seems pretty obvious he pissed off someone. He told Steve there was a lot more going on then he suspected and I suspect Cullen was working for our new big bad. Maybe he’s pissed that Cullen failed to blow up Casa McG. Three episodes in and we’ve already ended two of them with cliffhangers. I’m loving how this season is going so far and I’m really looking forward to seeing where this mystery is going.
Well, that’s it for this week gang. I didn’t have time to re-watch the episode so everything written above is from memory of watching Friday night while trying to keep up with live tweeting. If I’ve made any glaring mistakes, please let me know in the comments. Also, since I didn’t have time for a re-watch, there are no screen caps. All photos are courtesy of others.
Like I said above, this is the last episode I’ll be able to watch live until November 1st. I’ll try to post something in the next couple of weeks, just to give you guys a place to discuss the episode if you choose and for me to hear what you thought of them. Probably before I even get to see them! 🤣 I’m not sure what I’ll post, but I’ll try to post something. See you then!
Aloha. Malama Pono